Thursday, April 29, 2010

Taking a (coupon) vacation. . .


John and I got to head out to the beach for a week - It was so absolutely gorgeous. We were right on the shore! I only shopped at the grocery on the island (because i did not want to leave our retreat for one second!), and even though their prices were practically the same as our mainland groceries, I was ASTOUNDED at how much money I spent without using coupons. One evening inparticular I served dinner for six, costing over $80!! And it was just Stouffers lasagna, some Pillsbury Savorings, bagged salad, a bakery cake, some ready-to-peel shrimp ($23 for the shrimp alone - but so damn delish!) - nothing extravagant or fancy. Anyway, it felt weird to actually spend money. But, I have to say, it was entertaining in an odd way. It was like stepping back in time to my old self, shopping and just dishing out the cash at the grocery. "Reflections . . .by Brooke Whitmore," LOL!!!!!!! Where's my pina colada? I wish I was still at the beach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment